Contact Us

Use the form on the right to contact us.

You can edit the text in this area, and change where the contact form on the right submits to, by entering edit mode using the modes on the bottom right. 


123 Street Avenue, City Town, 99999

(123) 555-6789


You can set your address, phone number, email and site description in the settings tab.
Link to read me page with more information.


Frequently Asked Questions

What are the requirements to become a Sioux City Police Officer? 
You must be able to pass a physical agility test which consists of a 1.5 mile run, 1 minute sit ups, 1 minute push ups, and sit and reach;  written exam, background test, psychological test, and medical screening. 
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING: Completion of at least sixty hours of college credits
from an accredited college or university, with a minimum grade point average of "C"; or four years of experience in the field of law enforcement as a federal law enforcement officer or as a certified or licensed police officer (certification or licensure must be by the appropriate agency of a state responsible for certifying or licensing police officers) or four years of active duty military experience in the U.S. Armed Services and an honorable discharge; or any equivalent combination of experience and education which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
The Sioux City Police Department generally accepts applications once every 12 months, with the next projected testing period as May of 2020.  Check for updates. 

I need fingerprints for school/work, do you guys do them?

The Sioux City Police Department ID section offers fingerprinting for $10.00.  Fingerprinting hours are Mondays and Wednesdays 10am-11 am and3pm to 4pm.  A photo ID is required.

How do I register a weapon?

There is no requirement that you register a weapon with the City. If you want to carry a concealed weapon, you must get a permit from the Woodbury County Sheriff's Office. 

What is the procedure for filing a citizen complaint against an member of the department?

Present your complaint by phone or in person to the Professional Standards division of the police department (Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., 712.279.6360) or to the on-duty Watch Commander, 712.279.6147 (nights, weekends, and holidays). Your case will be assigned for investigation and a report is made to the Chief of Police. Administration will handle the report and make a resulting staff recommendation. The Chief of Police will make final disposition of the complaint and you will be notified, in writing, of the disposition. The following types of disciplinary action can be recommended for a sustained case: verbal reprimand, written reprimand, suspension, or dismissal. 

Can the police department provide me the name of another party’s insurance company following an accident?

Yes. Officers collect this information routinely during traffic accident investigations. 

I’ve been involved in a minor fender-bender that did not result in any injuries. Do I need to file a police report?

Not necessarily. City code requires that accidents resulting in injury to or death of any person or total property damage to an apparent extent of $1,500 or more be reported (Section 10.30.010). In addition, if a domestic animal is struck and the driver cannot find the owner of the animal, the accident must be reported to animal control or the police department (Section 7.05.050). Contrary to popular belief, your insurance company can only force you to make a report if so stipulated in the contract of the policy. Check the fine print! 

When is it appropriate to dial 911 as opposed to the non-emergency phone number?

The emergency number (911) should be used only when there is imminent danger to life or property. Ask yourself if police, fire, or medical assistance is needed right now. If the answer is yes, then immediately dial 911 and advise the emergency service operator of what has, or is about to happen. For all other calls, dial 712.279.6960. (The call will be answered in the same communications center but will leave the 911 line free for emergency calls.) 

How do I recover my impounded vehicle?

Vehicles impounded due to abandonment are immediately assessed a $35 fee. Payment may be made 24 hours a day (by cash, check, or credit card) at the Customer Service Window of Police Headquarters. After making payment and providing a photo identification, a release form will be provided to the owner to claim the car from the impound. Vehicles impounded in relation to an arrest may be claimed in the same manner at no charge during the first 10 days of impoundment. After 10 days have passed, a $35 charge is imposed. Reminder: in addition to photo identification, proof of insurance, license, title, registration, and a valid driver’s license are required to lawfully operate a motor vehicle. 

How do I recover my stolen property?

When stolen property is recovered, it is entered into evidence by the Property Clerk, who will notify the owner in writing of its receipt by the department. The Property Clerk will set an appointment with the property owner to come into the station to identify and reclaim his or her property.

Where can I obtain a copy of my incident report?

The customer service window of the Records Section in the lobby of the Police/Fire Headquarters is open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week to provide this service in addition to taking reports related to minor incidents. A public information copy of an Incident Report is available for $10. Other forms that are available include Criminal History Reports for Woodbury County arrests ($10 — requestor must provide exact name, date of birth, and social security number of individual) and Accident Reports ($10). Driver Exchange Reports for accidents are free of charge.